Friday, January 21, 2011

Craft books & blogs; Do they need to have pictures?

I am a library junkie!  I love my library and when I get on a roll I will request and request books until I am walking out of the library with 20 plus books.  Recently I checked out a craft book that look interesting in the description on the library's website.  Well I got the book and I was sorely disappointed.  There were no real pictures and not very good directions either.  I enjoy a good book.  I am an avid reader, but when it comes to "How to" books I want lots of eye candy.

Would it be presumptuous of me to assume that most crafters, artists, hobbyists are visual people?  I think not.  So wouldn't an editor or publishing company want to cater to those who are their market?  I would think so.

The same goes for blogs.  I know I am guilty of this but it is hard for me to read a blog post that doesn't include a picture of some kind as reference or to tell a story.  

Publishing companies, editors, authors, bloggers, please heed my words.  You will get more readers with visuals.   Good ones please!!!  Thank you!

See I even added one pretty picture that has nothing to do with my post just to give you some eye candy.  

This pic my the 7yr old daughter took at Missouri Botanical Gardens last year.  


No comments: