Thursday, September 10, 2009

Great thrift store finds & My Vintage Addiction blog

A friend of mine just launched her newest blog all about feeding that Vintage Addiction. The name of the blog is My Vintage Addiction. She designed the blog herself and I love the colors and the use of some really cool fonts. ( I love fun fonts). You can check it out here .

In honor of her website launch I thought I would show off my newest thrift store find.
Yesterday my mom came over and took me to brunch at one of my favorite diner food restaurants. (Did I mention how cool my mom is. Her two favorite cd's right now are Lady Gaga's The Fame and Gwen Stefani's Sweet Escape). We decided to go thrift store-ing. We hit two thrift stores and scored some choice items. I am in the midst of redoing my craft area and storage is always a problem. Well I picked up some of those tins like the ones you get cookies in at Christmas. I am going to decoupage and or paint them (tutorial in the works). I also picked up some books for the kids and a few stray craft supplies. My big score was the pic on the right. I found the pic on the left for my daughter at a thrift store over 6 months ago for $3.00 or $4.00. I got the second one yesterday for $1.00. I will need to try and match up a frame for the second one.

The are named left one, Gigi and the right one Mimi. Both by Sherle. I am going to have to do research to see if there are any others out there. Anyway I hope you enjoy and if you have an addiction with vintage items like me be sure to check out the My Vintage Addiction

EDIT: Just googled to see what I could find. There are three more so far. One named Penny of a girl with a guitar and two of boys kind of the same Harlequin, pastel style.

6 comments:

Courtney Chesley said...

I love the paintings, Alecia! I had a similar thing happen when I found two paintings by the same artist at separate thrift shops. It's so funny when you aren't looking for it!

Senora Muertos said...

Funny thing is I thought it was a different painting, but wasn't sure. But for $1.00 I was willing to risk it.

Anonymous said...

WOW, what a cool - FUN find! Thrift shopping is the best, I'm an addict too. I really like your stuff, I also have a fascination with anything dia de los muertos. I create some nifty skulls myself. Just as a hobby.

xmariaguadalupe said...

Buenos Dias Senora Muertos,

Great checking out your blog. Just curious and so I can vicariously enjoy your wonderful outing with your mom:

Was this in St. Louis, which thrift stores were you shopping & which yummy restaurant/diner did you have your brunch and what was delicious?

xoxo
love,
Maria
WORDwitch InCityNews.com

xmariaguadalupe said...

Buenos Dias Senora Muertos,

Great checking out your blog. Just curious and so I can vicariously enjoy your wonderful outing with your mom:

Was this in St. Louis, which thrift stores were you shopping & which yummy restaurant/diner did you have your brunch and what was delicious?

Fantastic skull artwork!

xoxo
love,
Maria
WORDwitch InCityNews.com

Senora Muertos said...

Thank you Courtney, Anonymous and xmariaguadalupe.

There are some great thrift stores on Forest Park parkway. And the diner was Chris' Pancakes. The servings are always huge, the food is always delicious. I recommend the Country Fried Steak and eggs, with pancakes of course or the Blue Cheese burger.