Friday, September 11, 2009

The Crafter's Devotional the beginning

Friday's Family Feature will be skipped today to bring you this important message, we will return to our regular programming next Friday.


I couldn't sleep last night, again. I have insomnia from time to time so after I got the kids off to school I went back to bed. Well I was just woken up by the UPS person ringing my bell. And behold it was a package, but not just any package. Here's how the story begins;

A week or so ago someone sends me an email saying a won a craft book and a bobbin winder off their blog. Needless to say I was super excited. I don't win anything, ever. Well the book is call The Crafter's Devotional, 365 Days of Tips, Tricks and Techniques for Unlocking Your Creative Spirit, by Barbara R. Call. The blog I won it off of is an awesome blog that I check daily and the link is listed on this blog. It is Craftside .

I am stoked about this book. The publisher included a note telling me to please feel free to blog about the prizes and Hells Yeah, I am going to.

Since leaving my job at the STL Zoo in May, I was supposed to be doing all I can to try and build up my craft business. I have sat on my butt and done close to nothing. This I hope will light the proverbial fire under my ass and get my crafting the way I should be.

Here is a pic of the book and a description from the back of the book.



Crafters dabble, collaborate, muse, and make, all in their own way on on their own time line. For all crafts, there are established techniques... and innumerable ways to experiment.

No matter your craft of choice, you'll find daily inspiration in the pages of this book. Author and crafter Barbara R. Call understands there is something elemental shared among artists and crafters, regardless of their chosen medium: creative energy. For each crafter looking to hone a favorite skill, there is a dozen who are waiting for that certain spark of inspiration or sinuous root of an idea to take hold.

The Crafter's Devotional uses interdisciplinary exercises, nuggets of wisdom, brainstorming triggers, and how-to techniques to inspire, enhance, and motivate you to create.

Inside you'll find the following categories:
Monday/Journaling
Tuesday/recycle, reuse, or revive
Wednesday/collection, stash, and materials
Thursday/personal history
Firday/noncraft inspiration
Saturday and Sunday/collaborate, gather and experiment


Please check back with me often as I post about the book and the activities I do and the crafts I come up with.

5 comments:

Allison said...

Awesome!
And what a perfect person to win such a book--the craft goddess is smiling upon you :)

Senora Muertos said...

Thanks! I am excited about the bobbin winder too.

Lenox Knits said...

Sounds like a great book. I will totally have to check it out. I am always in need of inspiration.

LuLu said...

Bonjour! Oh!!!!! I need this book and I need it bad! Organizing is word I am not too familiar with ... I just love your DOD calaveras and stuff, too bad you live so far away! I would come and visit your studio! Take care, LuLu

Senora Muertos said...

Lenox Knits, Now if I can find the time to read the book. LOL!

Lulu,
I love your stuff also! It would be great to have your for a visit. Maybe some day.