Friday, September 12, 2008

Etsy bloggers Street Team/Blog Carnival post about my favorite color red

I an effort to help me keep up my blogging I joined the Etsybloggers Street team. The street team does a blog carnivals weekly and you can choose from topics to blog about. I choose to blog about my favorite color and to show it in my work.

My favorite color is red. My favorite flower is red roses. Red seems to be a dominate color second to black in all of my work. Red is supposedly a power color, but that is not why I like it. It is a strong color, bold, it reminds me of fire, which is mesmerizing and soothing when it warms you. Blood is something else that comes to mind when I think of red. Blood is so strange to me. It is the life force that flows through us and is bluish under the skin, dark red when in a larger quantity (like in a vial of a blood sample) and bright red when we are cut, scrapped, etc. Red is also the dominate color for Valentines day which signifies love. Red is a passionate color and you can see that represented in any Renaissance painting. Red is the color of the devil/Diablo which with my Catholic upbringing is still such an oddity to me. El Corazon, the loteria card with the heart is my favorite Loteria card and I am guessing it is due to the red in it. My daughter will even tell me how red is my favorite color anytime I am painting with it. Funny thing I can’t wear red though. I am a redheaded Irish girl with a snow white tan and freckles, I look pink when I wear red. I can’t even wear red lipstick or red nail polish, this sucks! My children both look great in red. Maybe it is just because I love the color. I could get all cheesy now and quote a Sammy Hagar song, but instead I will just leave you now and hope that the song doesn’t get stuck in your head now like it is in mine. Dang it!!
What are some other songs about red?
1. Lady in Red (bad 80’s song)
2. Paint it Black (Rolling Stones ) “I see a red door and I want to paint it black.”
I can’t think of any more right now. I need more caffeine. LOL!


One of my wooden crosses with the Loteria card El Corazon.


Oh yeah! I got my replacement Sculpey clay today with a sample of the new Ultra light sculpey. It is a small sample, but it is Ultra light. Again Sculpey has the greatest customer service! Yay Sculpey!

10 comments:

agoodwitchtoo said...

So many descriptions of red! Lovely!

Anonymous said...

Love the blog and love the writing on the color red! I still can't log in for some reason.....so I'm anonymous for now! Hehe

Myfanwy said...

Hmm red. Yes, I love working with red. Didn't think I could wear it either, but then I found tomato - and it's a success. I'm sure there's a red for you somewhere. You just need to find it.

Senora Muertos said...

agoodwitchtoo, Thank you! I could of went on forever. LOL!

anonymous, ooohhh a secret admirer. LOL! Thanks! Love ya girl!

storybeader said...

welcome to the etsybloggers! the team helps me write - hope it works for you too. cute post, and fun to read.

Senora Muertos said...

myfanwy, I had an orangish red lipstick that I paid waaayyy too much for and my son decided to eat it and paint with it on the same day I bought it. Haven't found the same red anywhere since. I will keep looking though.

storybeader, thanks! I am hoping it will help me write too.

Yazmin said...

Songs, hmmm...

Red, Red, Wine!!!

Am I showing my age? hehe

Oh...and there's Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer... lol

But that's all I know of with songs with red!

It's a good color. :)

Senora Muertos said...

yazmin, how could I forget UB40? Red, red wine, you make me feel so fine, you keep me rocking all of the time.

LOL!

A friend yesterday pointed out Nena 99 Red Balloons or the remake by 7 Seconds works too.

Yazmin said...

Is it called Red Ballons? I thought it was a different name...shame I forgot that one! :)

Senora Muertos said...

yazmin, 99 red luft balloons