Sunday, August 19, 2007

CraftaNostra rocked!

So we had a huge crowd last night for CraftaNostra. I sold mostly my crosses and flower/sugar skulls bobby pins, but I did sell a few other things. The crowd was definitely into my stuff, they just weren't buying. I think those selling jewelry, purses and baby things did the best. I will eventually venture into the Day of the Dead jewelry, but purses and baby things I don't think I will go into. I love what I make though, so I will continue to do what I love with the hopes that eventually someone will buy it.
I had fun talking with all of the Craft Mafia people and their spouses. What a great group of people! Thanks to April and anyone else that helped but together such a great show! Thanks also to April, Kate and Beqi for waiting for my "darling" husband. And a big hug to Beqi for taking me home! I owe you are coffee or drink at the least!!!!
I promise to get up pics of my newest stuff as soon as I get our other computer up and running.
A big hand to our DJ who rocked the house and Cooperella for hosting it!!!!!

1 comment:

jalinde said...

CraftaNostra in 2008!

Where can you find punk baby, monster plush
& pet gear all in one place?
The Famiglia offers it up…

On August 9, CraftaNostra will offer up an eclectic mix of handmade goods and artwork by some the most creative artists and crafters in town—the St. Louis Craft Mafia. At CraftaNostra, Craft Mafia members will silently lash out against the commercialized corporate world of strip malls and cookie cutter gifts by showing their love of DIY goods. Twenty-five plus St. Louis Craft Mafia members will feature their work, including jewelry, plush, original artwork, clothing, women’s accessories, sassy household items, baby gear and pet collars, all in a handmade paradise at CooperElla Café & Boutique. While DJ Rabbitt spins great tracks the entire evening, enjoy sandwiches, desserts and drinks at the Café while you browse the handmade goodness.
WHAT: CraftaNostra Craft Show

WHEN: Saturday, August 9 from 7 to 11 p.m.
Free and open to the public

WHERE: CooperElla Café & Boutique
2743 Sutton (just south of Manchester), Maplewood, MO 63143
(314) 769-9180
The St. Louis Craft Mafia is an indie craft collective of local artists and crafters who strive to combine high design, graphic/fine arts and a punk DIY aesthetic in all their work. Their motto, *all handmade, all the time* results in unusual art no one can resist. Visit www.stlouiscraftmafia.com or www.craftanostra.com for more information.