Thursday, July 26, 2007

Paper mache'ing away

So I am just paper mache'ing away. I am trying to build up pieces for the Strange Folk Festival http://www.strangefolkfestival.com/ > and possibly for CraftaNostra http://www://craftanostra.com/ > through the St. Louis Craft Mafia . I am waiting to hear back from the St. Louis Craft Mafia about my possible membership and I am quite excited and hope (very much) that I will get in. They are a talented bunch and I would love to be a part of that and really about helping to promote crafty businesses. We crafty bunch need to stick together! So check out the links and make sure to promote these great crafty ventures!

In the mean time I have made some great devil and skull maracas. They need paint and they will be done. Yay! I am also working on bottlecaps with tiny paper mache' skulls in them for jewelry. I will add glitter and seal them in resin. I am going to try to do the sugar skull designs on them, but they are quite small so that is not definite. I am putting together quite a few miscellaneous pieces, but I am lacking any real fun ideas. I need to go over my notes and sketch book. I know I have had some wornderful ideas I just can't seem to think of them right now. I am also trying a new approach on molds for some of my pieces and I am still unsure how they will work. I do have some really cute Halloween ideas in mind. One including a goth-like living dead girl, Wednesday Adams kind Day of the Dead girl. My maracas and Halloween stuff sold the best at the Rock and Roll Craft Show so I am trying to concentrate on more of those right now.

I also finished my paper mache' Shaak Ti headpiece. At least the restructuring of it . It will need a finishing coat of paper pulp and then paint, but it looks really good. I hope to get pictures up this week, but I seem to be quite busy so we will see.

No comments: