Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Back to crafting

So I am really excited about going back to crafting. I had alot of personal issues going on and then I have been making some costumes for this years Dragoncon and now I am ready to start crafting again.

I have clay left over from one of my classes and found a great group of paper mache' artists who use paperpulp mixed with waterbased clay. I am very excited about trying this as I have had a real hard time coming up with a easy recipe for the paper pulp clay that I could use for all of the details on my pieces. So, I am going to try it this week and I will let you know how it goes.

I love my Dia de los Muertos Marie Antoniette so much and that little lovely sold on ebay last summer, but now I want to try a Napoleon Bonaparte. I love the traditional Dia de los Muertos pieces, but find doing these other pieces fun and they make me smile when I look at them and hopefully they make someone else smile or laugh too.

No comments: